Submitted by Denair Unified School District:
Like other public agencies and private businesses, the Denair Unified School District continues to monitor the health situation involving the coronavirus. To date, there have been zero cases reported in Stanislaus County, six in California and 11 in the country.
We believe the immediate health risk from coronavirus is very low. If the situation changes, local health officials will let us know and we will promptly pass that information on to you.
As we always do during cold and flu season, our maintenance staff is hard at work to ensure that frequently touched surfaces like door handles are cleaned more often.
We also want to remind everyone about ways to protect yourself and your family from becoming ill:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Eat well and get plenty of rest
Attending class each day is important for your child’s education, but if your son or daughter is sick:
- Keep them home; do not send them to school
- Have them cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your home
We encourage everyone to take appropriate precautions to avoid getting the flu or a cold, or passing them on to others.
If you have questions, please contact us at the district office (209) 632-7514 For more information on the coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov/nCoV