Submitted by Denair High School
Drone camp – a big hit last summer – will return to Denair High in late July to challenge and educate students about a popular and fast-developing new technology.
About 50 youngsters enrolled in the weeklong drone camp last year, when it was offered for the first time. The turnout was a big reason the Ohio-based company is coming back to Denair.
Parents whose sons and daughters are interested should sign up soon for either the morning or afternoon session.
Also returning in early July is a hands-on football camp run by Denair High coach Anthony Armas, his staff and some of his varsity players.
Here is more information about the camps, the age range of those eligible to enroll and contact information.
- Dates: July 1-2
- Time: 9-11 a.m.
- Cost: Free
- Ages: 7-13
- Coach: Anthony Armas firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 620-1985
- Details: Players will learn general football skills on offense and defense, separated by position. The focus will be on proper techniques. There will be no contact. Players should wear shorts, T-shirts and cleats. Players should be their own snacks and drinks.
- Dates: July 22-26
- Time: 8 a.m. to noon or 1-5 p.m.
- Cost: Free (space is limited however)
- Ages: 9-15
- Coach: Darrin Allen email@example.com or www.dronecamp.org
Details: This is about hands-on learning, innovation and adventure. Students will take to the skies and becoming an honorary junior drone pilot. Three free meals will be available for all students.