Submitted by Denair High School
The 28 Denair High FFA students had an exceptional 10 days at the recently completed Stanislaus County Fair, collecting award after award and successfully competing against much larger schools.
“I believe our students represented the quality of school, community and FFA programs we have at Denair. Across the board, our students have thrived and I am committed to continue to build the FFA program at Denair for all students,” said Matthew Marshall, one of the high school’s two ag teachers.
Here is a complete list of Denair’s awards from the fair, which ran from July 8-17.
- Denair FFA: 1st place Clean Barn Award, 3rd place Grade Dairy Chapter Group Award, 5th place Registered Dairy Chapter Group Award
- Carson Haringa: 4th place Advanced Dairy Showmanship
- Ryan Haringa: 1st place intermediate Dairy Showmanship
- Chase Pritt: 1st Place novice Dairy Showmanship
- Bryson Prock: 6th place intermediate Dairy Showmanship
- Alyce Silva: 8th place intermediate Dairy Showmanship
- Denair FFA: 2nd place Chapter Group Award
- Kelsey Park: 3rd place Novice Goat Showmanship
- Markus Rocha: Champion Drive Market Goat, Reserve Junior Buck, 2nd place Advanced Breeding Meat Goat Showmanship, 7th place Master Showmanship (7th best showman, out of 1,400+ exhibitors)
- Cierra Rodriguez: 8th place Novice Goat Showmanship
- Heidi Johnson: 5th place Advanced dairy goat showmanship